Saturday, May 05, 2007

Burning Madesh and Quiet Pahadis

I just came across a blog "Democracy For Nepal" by Paramendra Bhagat. Mr. Bhagat seems to be very deep into Nepali politics and he has written really good articles.

Among them I got my attention to this article.

Why Are The Pahadis Quiet?

Well, I was quiet while Tarai was burning. There was a genuine struggle going on, there were criminal activities going on under its cover and there was State acting harsh on the revolutionaries. I never thought of contributing anything to this struggle. But I had never asked myself, WHY?

Now, I had that question in my mind for last one hour. The reason was I did not want any more political struggle in Nepal. I just want to take rest. I don't care whoever be in power. I just want to give sometime for the freshly emerged political circle the 8 parties (Maoist and 7 Democratic parties). The political parties plus maoist have better representative equality in terms of social or demographic communities than any previous powers. It shows that the change is happening and Nepal is moving forward. We just need to work sincerely from our side and give enough time for the parties to work.

Many of my friends from Madesh may not agree with me. They may still say that the social issues need to be sorted out. That is a fair claim. But it is also not the end of the political struggle path. We have many such issues. Nepal is very much diverse in terms of language and culture, if we go forward with Federal setup we will have at least 50 states; and if we go with reservations then even with the full seats on quotas, someone will not be getting his share.

The real problem is the lack of sufficient seats in basic and higher education, and in job. We have less scholarship or regular engineering and medical seats than most Indian states (may be all). We have a economy almost stagnant for the last 10 years. Before that also we were almost always in war for 50 years. Frankly speaking, we have nothing to share or distribute.

So, I appeal to all the Nepalis of all caste and creed, to please refrain from any further political struggle. Let us give sometime to this newly emerged forces. Let us work and create a better Nepal with a economic revolution. Let us give Political Revolution once and for ever.

Long Live Our Unity. Jai Nepal.

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Webtalks